Thursday, June 3, 2010

I-phones

“Why is it taking so long?”

“Why isn’t there enough stock?”

“Why is it so expensive?”


As an I-phone ambassador, it’s actually easy and common to hear people would do anything for an I-phone, cheat on their families, steal and more. “No offence, not all customers are bad”


I was preparing for my last day of work in Maxis and before I leave the house, guess what I saw on CNN.




Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. Not people dying to BUY I-Phones, but dying to PRODUCE them…


There is even a customer who came in and said that the I-phone we are selling “all so no quality”. I was wondering why he actually made such a statement and it turned out that it is because the I-phone we sold is assembled in China. People suicide making I-Phones in China for your information. “I got a hunch that is a reason why I-phones prices are more compared to the United States”..LOl..


Why does this happen? Why are so many people dying? Starvation? I guess its in the asian gene (or more specifically the Kiasu Gene in Chinese) a small mistake and it’s the end of the world, or a tiny critic and their whole family’s honour is being tarnish. Some humiliation causes the Kamikaze affect “the world is better without me sort of thing).


What should Apple do? I mean apple is an American company, and yes it is smart of them to open up a factory in China where workforce is available and also much much affordable. However I believe that the American culture on employee’s satisfaction and how the management treats their employee should also be practiced at the same time. For instance, how google treats that workforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment